Home > Undefeated Truck Accident Lawyers
Undefeated Texas Truck Accident Lawyers
Undefeated Texas Truck and 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers
Our Texas Truck and 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers are known for securing the #1 largest recoveries in history for Truck and 18 Wheeler Accident victims across the State of Texas.
In addition to being Undefeated, our Texas 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers have won Billions and repeatedly set records with our verdicts and settlements, including:
- #1 Largest Truck Accident Settlement in Texas
- #1 Largest Accident Verdict in Texas
- #2 Largest Accident Verdict in Texas
- $32 Million Truck Accident Settlement
- $23.5 Million Truck Accident Settlement
- $20 Million Truck Accident Settlement
Trucking companies know that once our Truck Accident Attorneys are involved, they only have two choices: offer a settlement that fully compensates our clients and their families for all their injuries and damages or risk a record-setting verdict at trial.
Contact our Texas Truck Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation at 1-888-603-3636 or Click Here
As our track-record confirms, our Truck Accident Lawyers Don’t Just Win for Texas Truck and 18 Wheeler Accident Victims – We Set Records.
We’re able to consistently achieve these unprecedented results for our clients because we have the experience and resources to take on any company—no matter how large, we know how trucking companies and their team of lawyers operate, and we refuse to settle a case unless our clients are fully compensated for ALL their injuries and damages.
Because of our continued success—both inside and outside the courtroom—a majority of our client’s cases are settled for record-setting amounts before trial.
If you or a loved one were injured or tragically killed in a truck or 18-wheeler accident, our Undefeated Truck Accident Lawyers will devote whatever time and resources are necessary to holding the trucking company accountable and making sure that you and your family receive the compensation you deserve.
Call 1-888-603-3636, click the “live chat” button, or send us a confidential email through our Contact Form by Clicking Here.
All consultations are free—and you won’t pay a dime unless we win your case.
We Don’t Just Win – We Set Records
In this video testimonial, our client—who received a $32,000,000 Settlement (the largest Truck Accident Settlement in Texas)—discusses her experience with our truck accident lawyers and the record-setting settlement that we recovered on her behalf.
- Record-Setting Settlement in Head-On Collision with Commercial Truck
- Largest Truck Accident Verdict in Texas and R&L Trucking Company’s Corporate History
- Largest 18-Wheeler Accident Settlement in Texas and Oakley Trucking Company’s Corporate History
Billions Won and the Largest Truck and 18 Wheeler Accident Recoveries in History
As our track record confirms, the verdicts and settlements that our Truck Accident Lawyers have obtained for truck and 18 wheeler accident victims across Texas, Louisiana and the United States consistently set records as both the largest in the state and the trucking company’s corporate history.
We’ve highlighted some of these record-setting recoveries below.
Largest Truck Accident Settlement in Texas
To learn more about the record-setting settlement and our client’s experience working with our truck accident lawyers, watch his video testimonial by clicking here.
The settlement—which is also the largest in the company’s corporate history—will ensure that our client receives the best medical care available and is able to provide for himself and his family for the rest of his life.
Record-Setting Truck Accident Settlement for Family of Man Tragically Killed by an 18-Wheeler while Driving to Work
Our Truck Accident Lawyers recently reached a record-setting (and confidential) settlement for our client and her 4 year-old boy after her husband was tragically killed by an 18-wheeler in Jefferson County, Texas while on his way to work.
The trucking company, the driver, and their team of lawyers initially refused to take responsibility for the tragic crash, claiming that our client’s husband was distracted by his cell phone when the collision occurred.
After several depositions and working with the Texas DPS officers who investigated the crash, our 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers not only proved that our client’s husband never used his cell phone that morning, but also that the trucking company had violated federal and state safety regulations by allowing the truck driver—who had already been on the road for over 14 hours at the time of the crash—to continue driving.
The case settled several weeks later and remains the largest wrongful death settlement in the trucking company’s history.
Largest Verdict in R&L Trucking Company’s History
Our 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers recovered the largest verdict in R&L’s corporate history after a 5-week trial against R&L Carriers, the largest privately owned trucking company in the United States. Our client was rear-ended by one of R&L’s drivers while driving on I-20, just outside of Weatherford, Texas. The impact caused her vehicle to roll-over multiple times before finally coming to a rest on the highway’s shoulder.
R&L immediately denied responsibility for the crash, offered less than $150,000 to settle the case, and called a team of over 15 experts at trial—including neurologist, neuropsychologists, orthopedists, and accident reconstructionists—to dispute our client’s injuries and attempt to prove that the crash was “unavoidable.”
After hearing the evidence, however, the jury disagreed with R&L’s witnesses and awarded our client $4.3 Million, plus punitive damages, for the company’s negligence and gross negligence in failing to properly train its driver.
The verdict is the #1 Largest Verdict in R&L’s corporate history, the only case where punitive damages have been awarded against the company, and the only reported truck accident case in Texas in the past 15 years where punitive damages have been affirmed by a Texas Court of Appeals.
Largest Settlement in Oakley Trucking Company’s History
Our Truck Accident Lawyers also obtained the #1 Largest Settlement in Oakley Trucking Company’s corporate history on behalf of a client who was rear-ended by truck driver who was distracted by his cell-phone on Christmas Eve.
The impact from the crash caused our client’s pick-up truck to rollover on the highway at over 50 mph.
Oakley initially refused to offer our client more than $125,000 to settle the case.
Less than 6 months later, Oakley settled the case with our client for over 25 times their original offer, making it the largest settlement in the trucking company’s history.
We Force Trucking Companies to Take Responsibility
Due to the repeated and unprecedented success that our truck and 18-wheeler accident lawyers have achieved for our clients, trucking companies and their lawyers take our clients and their cases much more seriously.
Why? Because they know that our Truck Accident Attorneys will never be outspent or overworked, that we take cases to trial—and set records, and that we refuse to settle a case unless our clients and their families are fully compensated for ALL their injuries, losses and damages.
We Prove the Trucking Company and its Driver Were at Fault
When we’re hired in a truck or 18-wheeler accident case, our Truck Accident Lawyers immediately obtain the truck driver’s logbook and the truck’s black box and ECM records and send an accident reconstruction team to inspect the scene and the vehicles involved in the crash.
This evidence not only allows our Truck Accident Lawyers to determine whether the trucking company or its driver violated federal safety regulations and state transportation laws, but it also provides us with physical evidence that establishes how fast the truck was traveling at impact, if and when it braked, and whether the driver was fatigued or distracted at the time of impact.
We then consult with both our client’s treating doctors and our medical experts to determine the nature and severity of our client’s injuries, the doctors and specialists who are most qualified to treat them, and the cost and frequency of medical care that our clients will require in the future.
After obtaining evidence proving how the crash occurred and the effect that the crash had—and will continue to have—on our client’s health and future earning potential, we work with our experts and engineers to determine what the truck driver could and should have done to avoid the crash, and the total amount of compensation needed to ensure that our clients are able to care and provide for themselves and their families for the rest of their lives.
If the trucking company refuses to offer a settlement that fully compensates our clients and their families for their injuries and losses, we take the case to trial—where our 18 wheeler accident attorneys remain undefeated.
Contact Our Undefeated Truck Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation at 1-888-603-3636 or by Clicking Here
If you or a loved one were injured or tragically killed in a truck or 18-wheeler accident, our truck and 18-wheeler accident lawyers will devote whatever time and resources are necessary to holding the trucking company accountable and ensuring that you and your family are fully compensated for all your injuries and damages.
Just call 1-888-603-3636, click the “Chat Now” button, our send us a confidential email through our Contact Form.
We’ll answer your questions, explain your rights, and make sure you have the information you need to decide what’s best for you and your family.
All consultations are free, and you won’t pay us a dime unless we win your case.
Record-Setting Verdicts and Settlements Against the Largest Trucking Companies in the Country
While almost every personal injury attorney claims to have experience handling truck accidents, there are very few who have actually taken a trucking company to trial—and even less who have won record-setting verdicts for their clients.
Why is that important? Because, despite what some may think, trucking cases are nothing like car accidents.
In addition to substantial differences in the size and weight of the vehicles, truck accident cases are won or lost based on the attorney’s understanding of the Federal Safety Regulations, the technology that trucking companies and their drivers use to monitor the movement, speed, fuel consumption and driving activity of the trucks, and the lawyer’s willingness and ability to take your case to trial—and win.
In addition to having won over $1 Billion for our clients, our Truck Accident Lawyers have consistently recovered the largest verdicts and settlements in history against trucking and transportation companies and repeatedly distinguished our firm as the Best Truck Accident Lawyers in the United States.
Truck Drivers and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
Unlike in ordinary car wrecks, truck accident attorneys have to thoroughly understand the hundreds of state and federal safety regulations that trucking companies and their drivers are required to follow in order to operate commercial vehicles on public roads and highways across the United States.
Many of these rules are found in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations — laws created by the United States Department of Transportation that govern every trucking company and truck driver in the United States.
The FMCSRs dictate everything from the type of training a truck driver is required to receive and the maintenance that must be performed on the truck and trailer before and after each trip, to the number of hours a driver can spend behind the wheel or “on-duty” before the driver is considered fatigued and disqualified from driving.
Having successfully represented thousands of 18 wheeler and semi-truck accident victims against the largest trucking companies in the United States, our Undefeated Truck Accident Lawyers know what evidence to look for, where to find it, and—most importantly—how to use it to hold trucking companies and their drivers accountable for seriously injuring or killing other drivers or passengers in a crash.
Common Causes of Truck and 18-Wheeler Accidents
While there are typically a number of factors involved in causing or contributing to a truck or 18-wheeler crash, some of the most common include:
- Driver fatigue and Hours of Service Violations
- Hiring inexperienced and unqualified drivers
- Failing to provide proper training
- Failing to perform legally required pre and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Requiring drivers to drive in excess of the maximum hours permitted by federal law
- Speeding, unsafe lane changes, and other traffic violations
- Violations of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Drug use and intoxication
Contact our Undefeated Truck and 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation at 1-888-603-3636 or by Clicking Here
With Billions won and the largest truck and 18 wheeler accident verdicts and settlements in history, our Truck Accident Lawyers have consistently proven that we don’t Just Win for truck accident victims and their families – We Set Records.
If you or a loved one were injured or tragically killed by a truck or 18-wheeler, call 1-888-603-3636, click the “Chat Now” button, or send us a confidential email through our Contact Us form.
We’ll answer your questions, explain your rights, and make sure you have all the information you need to decide what’s best for you and your family.
All consultations are free, and you won’t pay us a dime unless we win your case.
Texas Truck Accident Lawyers with the #1 Largest Verdicts and Settlements in History
From rear-ends and jackknifes to catastrophic multi-vehicle fatalities, our Undefeated Truck Accident Lawyers are known for consistently winning the largest truck and 18-wheeler accident verdicts and settlements in history for our clients and their families.
Our 18 Wheeler Accident Attorneys have repeatedly demonstrated, time and time again, that we don’t just win against the biggest trucking companies in the world – we set records.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys not only know what evidence to look for and how to use it to prove that the trucking company and/or driver were at fault, but also have the experience and resources to take on any trucking company and team of lawyers, no matter how large, and ensure that our clients receive the maximum compensation possible.
Why It’s Important to Hire a Texas Truck Accident Attorney with a Proven Track-Record
The trucking company, its insurance company, and their teams of attorneys will do anything to avoid paying you and your family the damages you deserve. They’re certainly not above blaming you for the crash and downplaying the seriousness of your injuries. But some will also “misplace” and destroy driving logs, training records, and other evidence that proves the company and its driver were at fault for the accident. No matter how much the trucking company and its insurer promise to make things right, you need to remember that they’re only interested in protecting their bottom line.
Having successfully recovered the largest truck and 18-wheeler accident verdicts and settlement in Texas, we know what it takes to win and have the resources to devote whatever time is necessary to ensure that you receive the maximum recovery possible. If the insurance company refuses to offer you and your family a settlement that fully compensates you for all your injuries and damages, our Truck Accident Lawyers won’t hesitate to take your case to trial, where our lawyers remain undefeated.
Record-Setting Verdicts and Settlements for Truck and 18-Wheeler Accident Victims
Our commitment to our clients and our refusal to accept anything less than the maximum recovery possible has allowed our attorneys to consistently win billions including the largest verdicts and settlements in history – for truck and 18-wheeler accident victims in Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and across the United States.
In addition to recovering the Largest Truck Accident Settlement in Texas, our Truck Accident Lawyers won the Largest Verdict in the Corporate History of R&L Trucking and the Largest Settlement in the History of Oakley Company. In every case, the trucking companies refused to offer our clients more than $500,000 to settle their claims. We rejected the settlement and recovered over 10 times the settlement offers.
18 Wheeler Accident Victims Who Hire Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers are More Likely to Recover Substantial Damages
Under Texas law, the statute of limitations governing personal injury lawsuits – including truck and 18-wheeler accident cases – is two years. That means you must file a lawsuit within two years of the crash, even if settlement negotiations are ongoing. If you don’t, you are legally barred from doing so in the future.
Texas 18-wheeler accident victims and their families are entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages when the negligence or gross negligence of the truck driver and/or the trucking company caused the crash. Even if you’re partly to blame for the accident, it’s essential to talk to an Experienced 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer because many states, like Texas, allow accident victims to recover as long as the trucking company or its driver is at least 50% responsible for causing the accident.
For example, if the jury finds you were 30% at fault in the truck accident, you’ll still be able to recover 70% of your damages.
Texas also allows accident victims to recover punitive damages when the trucking company or truck driver was grossly negligent in causing the crash. These damages punish the responsible party for egregious conduct, like intoxicated driving, distracted driving, inadequate training, driver fatigue, and other hazardous behavior.
While this egregious and grossly negligent conduct is often seen in truck and 18-wheeler accident cases, many law firms have never been able to recover punitive damages at trial due to the higher burden of proof needed to establish gross negligence.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers, however, have repeatedly established gross negligence and recovered punitive damages for our clients in every major truck and 18-wheeler accident case that we’ve taken to trial.
How to Increase Your Chances of Recovery After a Truck or 18 Wheeler Accident
There are many personal injury law firms that advertise for truck and 18-wheeler accident cases. But the reality is, very few have actually taken big trucking and insurance companies to trial, and far fewer have consistently set records for their clients.
Our Texas 18-Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyers have repeatedly won the Largest Verdicts and Settlements in Texas against the biggest trucking companies and commercial motor vehicle carriers in the United States.
In order to receive the best medical care in the future and continue to provide for yourself and your family after a truck or 18-wheeler accident, recovering the maximum compensation for all of your injuries and losses is critical. But to succeed against the trucking company and its insurance company, you must act early to protect your rights and secure your family’s future.:
- Call 911 and report the accident. Once the police arrive on the scene, they’ll begin preparing an official report that will be used by your lawyer and the trucking company’s lawyers.
- If you’re physically able, take photos and video of the crash scene. You should also make notes of the trucker’s license plate and driver’s license numbers, the DOT number identified on the driver’s and passenger’s side of the truck, the trucking company’s insurance information, and the names and contact information for any witnesses.
- Get medical attention, even if you think you aren’t severely injured, as many crash-related injuries may not be noticeable until they’ve gotten worse several days later. Your medical records will help you and your attorney prove that any injuries you suffered resulted from the accident and required medical treatment.
- When talking with the police, insurance adjusters, or anyone else about the crash, stick to the facts and don’t speculate about fault. And whatever you do, never give a statement to the trucking company’s insurance adjuster.
- Follow all of your doctor’s orders and keep all medical appointments. The insurance company will try to use any failure to follow your doctor’s advice or treatment plan as an opportunity to downplay the severity of your injuries.
- Never try to negotiate a settlement on your own. Contacting an Experienced Texas 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer who’s successfully handled truck accident cases – both in and out of the courtroom — is the most important thing you can do to maximize your compensation after a crash.
Our Undefeated Truck Accident Lawyers have successfully represented thousands of injured truck and 18 wheeler accident victims across Texas, New Mexico, Louisiana, and the United States. We understand the physical and financial impact that large truck or 18-wheeler accidents have on victims and their familiesand have continued to distinguish ourselves with our unprecedented results and record-breaking victories.
While every case is unique, it’s not uncommon for truck accident victims to recover damages from several parties, including the truck driver, the trucking company, and in some cases, the broker and/or shipper who hired the trucking company to transport the load.
Texas allows the victims of negligent truck and 18-wheeler accident victims to pursue payment for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Physical Limitations
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of Consortium for a spouse
In the event of a fatal truck or 18-wheeler accident, surviving family members may seek damages for their loved one’s wrongful death, including:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Loss of financial contributions
- Loss of care, support, maintenance, advice, and counsel
- Loss of love, companionship, comfort, and society
- Loss of expected inheritance
In addition to a wrongful death lawsuit, family members can also file a survivor action to obtain compensation for the medical expenses, physical pain, and mental anguish their loved one suffered before their death.
Finally, Texas truck accident victims and their families can also pursue punitive damages when a defendant’s bad behavior caused or contributed to their injuries. While Texas doesn’t make winning punitive damages all that easy, our firm’s truck accident clients have been awarded punitive damages in every case we’ve taken to trial.
Unlike typical automobile accidents, truck and 18-wheeler collisions involve a variety of state and federal safety regulations, teams of lawyers, and unscrupulous insurance adjusters focused on settling your case for AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE.
Our Undefeated 18-wheeler accident attorneys understand the rules and has taken the largest trucking companies in the country to trial and not only won – but set records. When a trucking or insurance company refuses to offer a settlement that fully compensates our clients and their families for ALL their injuries and damages, we take the case to trial, where our lawyers remain undefeated.
The value of your truck accident case will depend on several factors, including:
- The extent and severity of your injuries.
- The cost of current and future medical treatments.
- The extent of damage to your vehicle and other property.
- Your pain and suffering, including the mental and emotional anguished caused by the crash.
- The amount of lost wages, including loss of future earning capacity.
We believe that victims shouldn’t have to worry about how they’re going to pay their rent or mortgage, buy groceries, or take care of their families. That’s why we’re always willing to advance our client’s reasonable living expenses while their cases are pending.
And while you’re focused on recovering, our truck accident attorneys are devoting whatever resources are necessary to ensuring that you receive the largest settlement or verdict possible, so that—once your case is over—you and your family don’t ever have to worry about how you’re going to pay for your future again.
If you’ve been involved in an 18-wheeler or truck accident, your health and the well-being of your passengers is your first priority. Call 911 immediately and remain in your vehicle until EMS arrives.
If you or a passenger are physically able, it’s helpful to:
- Use your smartphone to take pictures and video of the truck, your vehicle, and the scene.
- Get names and contact information of everyone involved and any witnesses.
- Write down the name of the trucking company, the truck’s DOT number (which is located on the driver’s and passenger’s side of the truck, and the trucking company’s insurance information.
- Be honest when you talk to the police, but do not admit or discuss fault with anyone.
- Seek immediate medical treatment, even if you don’t think you were severely injured. Many injuries are not immediately apparent due to adrenaline and shock from the crash, and it’s always better to be cleared by a medical doctor than have lingering injuries that get worse with time.
Be sure to follow your doctors’ recommendations and attend all doctor’s appointments and therapy sessions. Not only will this speed up your recovery, but it also makes it more difficult for the insurance company to downplay the severity of your injuries.
It’s also a good idea to write down everything you can remember about the crash, even details that seem unimportant. Keep this account in a paper or digital file, along with your copy of the police report, any information and evidence you collected at the scene, and records of copays and other expenses related to your medical treatment.
While you should definitely notify your insurance company of the crash, you should never talk to or provide a recorded statement to your insurance company or the trucking company’s insurer until you’ve talked with an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney. No matter what the company or its adjuster promises, they’re not on your side and are only interested in avoiding responsibility and paying you as little as possible.
If you or a loved one were hurt in a truck or 18-wheeler accident, you’ll almost always have to file a lawsuit to cover your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other physical injuries and economic losses. The timeline for bringing a personal injury claim involves several steps and stages:
- Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer: our truck accident lawyers will ensure important evidence is preserved, help you get to the best doctors, and evaluate all of your damages to determine the amount of money it will take to fully compensate you for all of your injuries and financial losses.
- Issue a Demand Letter: After our Truck Accident Lawyers file your lawsuit, make sure you’re receiving the medical care you need, and review the documents and evidence we’ve obtained from the trucking company and our team of experts, we’ll issue a demand letter to the trucking company’s insurance carrier. That letter will specify the amount of damages that the trucking company and its insurer must pay to resolve your case before trial.
- Settlement Negotiations and Trial Preparation: Given our reputation for recovering record-setting verdicts at trial, trucking companies and their insurers know our Truck Accident Attorneys will never accept an inadequate settlement and won’t hesitate to go to trial should they refuse to pay maximum compensation for all of your injuries and losses. As a result, many of our cases settle ahead of trial, and often for record amounts.
- Discovery: During the discovery phase, we’ll send request for documents and questions about everything from the details of the crash to the truck driver’s and trucking company’s driving and motor carrier safety record to the trucking company’s lawyers. Once we receive their responses, which we often have to compel through filing motions with the court, we’ll start taking depositions of the truck driver, the trucking company’s safety representative, any witnesses to the crash, your doctors, and anyone else with information relevant to how and why the crash occurred. The discovery phase, which typically lasts around 4 months, provides our 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers with the evidence we need to establish that the truck driver and trucking company were at fault and helps establish the amount of damages we’ll seek on your behalf at trial.
- Mediation: Many Texas courts require the parties to participate in alternative dispute resolution before trial. This usually takes the form of mediation, in which a neutral third-party “mediator” attempts to help the parties negotiate a settlement before trial. Many of our case end up settling at the mediation or shortly afterwards.
- Trial: If the parties are unable to reach a settlement before the scheduled trial date, the lawsuit will go to trial. Depending on the complexity of the case and the number of witnesses involved, trials typically last between 1 and 3 weeks. While the trial is ongoing, it’s not uncommon for the trucking company’s lawyers or their insurance adjusters to continue trying to settle the case before it’s presented to the jury. If a settlement is reached, the judge will inform the jury that the parties have reached a settlement, and your case will be resolved.
Because of the unique risks 18-wheelers and other commercial trucks pose to other drivers and passengers on the road, trucking companies and their drivers must comply with a complex set of federal, state, and local regulations that govern everything from the number of hours that truck drivers can spend on duty and driving to the background checks that trucking companies must conduct on their drivers and the inspection and maintenance they must perform on their fleet.
These regulations are called the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and provide the foundation for your case against both the truck driver and the trucking company.
We’ve identified some of regulations that are most commonly involved in truck and 18 wheeler accident cases below:
- Hours of Service: federal law prohibits commercial truck drivers that drive across state lines from driving more than 11 hours in a 24 hour period. They must also keep electronic logbooks that document the number of hours they’ve been on duty, the number of hours they’ve been driving, and the number of hours they’ve spent resting and off-duty in the past 24 hours. These logs allow the trucking company to ensure that their drivers are in compliance with federal law and ensure that the truck drivers are not driving while fatigued
- Vehicle Maintenance Requirements: Drivers and trucking companies must ensure their vehicles are regularly inspected, adequately maintained, and safe to drive. The trucking company is required, by federal law, to keep up to date records of safety inspections, routine maintenance, and any repairs
- Hiring and Training Requirements: Trucking companies are required, under federal law, to perform extensive background checks on and provide comprehensive training to every driver before they start driving for the company. Once they’re hired, federal law requires the trucking companies to both continue providing ongoing safety training and to monitor the driving records of all their drivers on an annual basis
- Drugs and Alcohol Use: Commercial truck drivers are prohibited from using drugs or alcohol while driving or within 8 hours of going “on duty.” The trucking companies must also perform drug testing when it hires a new driver and continue randomly testing at least 50 percent of their drivers for both drugs and alcohol each year
- Illnesses and impaired driving: Drivers cannot operate an 18-wheeler or semi-truck if illness or fatigue prevents them from operating the vehicle safely. The trucking company is required to monitor their drivers’ alertness by examining the driver’s daily electronic logs and, if they suspect that a driver could or may become fatigued, must prevent them from driving until they’ve received sufficient rest.
Having successfully represented thousands of truck and 18-wheeler accident victims in Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and across the United States, our Texas Truck Accident Lawyers have gained a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations that apply to the commercial trucking industry and the tactics trucking companies and their insurers will use to avoid paying victims what they’re owed. We also know what evidence we need to prove your claims, where to find it, and how to make sure the trucking company gives it to us so that we can use it to maximize your recovery through settlement or at trial.
The resources, knowledge, and experience we’ve gained while handling truck and 18 wheeler accident cases has provided us with the skills and resources to successfully take on the largest trucking companies and law firms in the country. We are more than personal injury lawyers; we are proven truck accident attorneys who have established a reputation for recovering the largest truck and 18 wheeler accident settlements in the United States.
With us on your side, defendants will know they won’t be able to bully you into accepting anything less than you deserve.
After an 18-wheeler collision, it’s rare for the occupants of smaller vehicles to walk away without being injured. Because occupants of ordinary, passenger vehicles are far more likely to suffer severe and, in some cases, far injuries in truck and 18-wheeler accidents, the trucking company knows it could be facing a seven-figure verdict when their driver is a fault for a crash.
With millions of dollars at stake, the trucking company and its insurer will do just about anything to avoid paying you and your family the damages you deserve. You should never place your future in their hands.
Victims of truck and 18 wheeler accidents require the best medical care, financial assistance, and experienced truck accident lawyers with the resources, skills, and commitment to recover the maximum compensation possible.
Our Undefeated Truck Accident Lawyers have won Billions in verdicts and settlements, including the largest recoveries in history against some of the world’s largest trucking and transportation companies.
We’ll work closely with you and your family from day one, ensuring that that you have access to all the care and resources you need to begin rebuilding your lives. We ALWAYS fight to earn the maximum settlement or verdict possible, so you’ll have the resources to provide for yourself and your family for the rest of your lives.
Things to Look For When Selecting a Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accident lawsuits are far more complex than those involving ordinary, passenger vehicles. And not every personal injury lawyer has the knowledge and experience needed to recover the maximum compensation available to you and your family.
When choosing a truck accident attorney, it’s essential to look for a law firm with a track record of success handling cases against the largest trucking companies in the world, both in and out of the courtroom.
Most personal injury firms – including ours – offer free consultations to truck accident victims. During the consultation, you’ll be able to discuss the specifics of your accident and the attorneys’ experience with similar cases.
Some questions you might want to ask include:
- How many truck accident cases have you handled? What were the results?
- Have you taken truck accident cases to trial? How much have you won at trial?
- Have you represented truck accident victims with injuries similar to mine?
- What do you think my case is worth?
- What is the most you’ve settled a truck accident case for?
- How long do you think it will take to resolve my case?
- Will you get me to the best doctors in the country and cover my living expenses while my case is pending?
Unlike many other law firms, our focus is on maximizing our clients’ recoveries, not on volume. By limiting the number of cases we handle, we’re able to devote our full attention and resources to each and every one of our clients, all the time. From sign-up to settlement, we’re with you every step of the way.
Common Injuries Suffered in Big Rig Accidents
Because 18-wheelers and semi-trucks are so much larger than passenger vehicles, they are far more likely to cause severe and, in many cases, fatal injuries.
Some of the most common injuries sustained during a semi-truck accident include:
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A spinal cord injury could result in partial, temporary, or complete paralysis to the lower body and torso, resulting in life-long immobility, pain and suffering. Even with years of treatments, surgeries and therapy, truck accident victims with spinal cord injuries will remain permanently disabled for the rest of their lives. Because these types of injuries isn’t always apparent, it’s critical to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Head and Brain Injury: Head injuries may range from minor bruises and mild concussions to a traumatic brain injury resulting in life-long cognitive impairment and loss of motor function. Severe brain injury can occur even without direct trauma to the head and may not be apparent immediately after a crash.
- Internal Bleeding: Blunt force trauma that occurs during a truck accident can cause bleeding in the bladder, liver, kidney, pancreas, spleen, and other vital organs. Because these injuries are difficult to detect and treat, you should seek immediate medical attention, even if you don’t think you’re hurt.
- Soft Tissue Injury: Contusions caused by blunt force trauma, ligament sprains, muscle and tendon strains, lacerations and abrasions, and puncture wounds are considered soft tissue injuries. These injuries, if serious enough, can require surgery and long-term medical care
- Burns: All it takes is a spark or other heat source to ignite a fire if a fuel tank or other gas source ruptures during a truck or 18-wheeler accident. If the flames spread and engulf the truck or other nearby vehicles, drivers and passengers can sustain severe or fatal burns.
- Bone Fractures: Skull fractures, limb fractures, rib fractures, and vertebral fractures are all common injuries after a commercial truck collision.
- Amputation and Disfigurement: Crushing injuries, severe burns, and other serious injuries can result in permanent disfigurement and even limb amputations. Victims may require long-term medical treatment and personal care assistance, and some might need to use prosthetics and other adaptive medical devices to function in daily life.
After a truck or 18-wheeler accident, your financial security will often depend on whether you’re fully compensated for all of your injuries and losses. When you hire our Undefeated 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers, you can rest assured that we will never accept a settlement offer that fails to compensate you for all of your damages.
5 Common Types of Truck Collisions
Although commercial trucking is an essential component of our economy, big rigs pose a serious threat to other drivers and passengers on the road.
Five of the most common types of truck collisions include:
- Jackknife Truck Accidents: Jackknifing occurs when a tractor-trailer folds into itself, forming a 90-degree angle with the trailer. Jackknife truck accidents often occur when a truck driver must brake hard to stop quickly.
- Rear-End Collisions: Distracted driving, driver fatigue, speeding, and tailgating are just a few of the behaviors that can cause a big rig to rear-end another vehicle.
- Underride Crashes: Underride crashes occur when a smaller vehicle rear-ends a semi-truck and slides under the back of the trailer. Distracted driving, impairment, speeding, and fatigue also contribute to truck underride accidents.
- Side-Impact Crashes: T-bone or side-impact crashes often occur when a truck driver is distracted, fatigued, or impaired and speeds through a red light or stop sign at an intersection. Other drivers and their passengers are likely to suffer catastrophic injuries when the full weight of a big rig smashes into the side of a smaller vehicle.
- Cargo-Related Accidents: Cargo-related crashes are usually the result of improperly secured loads and overloaded trucks. Cargo may shift during transport, causing the trucker to lose control of his rig and swerve into another lane. Cargo shifts can also cause an 18-wheeler to tip, rollover, and crush adjacent vehicles. If the truck does tip over, the load may spill out onto the roadway, creating a serious hazard for any approaching traffic.
Our Undefeated Texas Truck Accident Lawyers have successfully represented thousands of people injured or tragically killed by distracted, impaired, fatigued, and reckless commercial drivers. And we have proven time and again, that no company is too big to stop us from recovering the maximum recovery possible for our clients.
Contact Our Undefeated Texas Truck Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation at 1-888-603-3636 or by Clicking Here
With Billions won and the largest truck and 18 wheeler accident recoveries in history, our Truck Accident Lawyers have consistently demonstrated that we don’t just win for truck accident victims and their families – we set records.
If you or a loved one were injured or tragically killed in a truck accident, call 1-888-603-3636, use the chat form on our website, or send us a confidential email through our Contact Form by clicking here.
Our lawyers will answer your questions, explain all your rights, and make sure you have the information you need to decide what’s best for you and your family.
All consultations are free, and you won’t pay us a dollar unless we win your case.
Helpful Resources: Truck & 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Truck and 18-Wheeler Accident Information Page
- What to do after truck accidents or an 18-wheeler accident
- Why it’s important to hire a truck accident lawyer with trial experience
- What will it cost to hire a lawyer after a truck accident?
- What is the difference between a truck accident case and a car wreck case?
Some of our Recent Truck and 18 Wheeler Accident Verdicts & Settlements:
- $32 Million Settlement
- $23.5 Million Settlement
- $20 Million Settlement
- $12.1 Million Verdict
- $5,400,000 Settlement
- $5,100,000 Settlement
- $4,400,000 Settlement
- $6,200,000 Settlement
- $4,800,000 Verdict
- $4,000,000 Settlement
“10 stars need to be allowed! My journey with Ryan and his amazing group of Bulldogs who will never stop fighting for you! My story and nightmare began when I was rear-ended by a speeding 18 wheeler on the interstate in a construction zone. That day will be forever etched in my memory and if I wouldn’t have had Ryan & associates, I know for a fact this wouldn’t have ended up as a happier ending. My life will forever be changed by this wreck. I was completely in agonizing pain and angry and unable to figure out what I was supposed to do. I was able to always call and even email and feel assured always and that made such a difference in this long overdue journey. I had to have surgery’s and do physical therapy and see doctors and never had to worry about these Bill’s Ryan and staff handled all my appointments flights medicine I was able to heal and not stress or at least try to. This group never waivered and ALWAYS had my back and never once gave me dought! My trail was in Dallas Texas and 6 weeks long the 2nd worst time in my life and I was taken care of by Ryan and his amazing associates. We won everything I mean everything from the beginning to the Supreme court and this is the outcome of dedicated and caring attorneys and staff Judgement $4,088,669 we were aware something that hasn’t happened in 20 years which is punitive damages of 50,00 this is why you want Ryan in your corner he will fight for you and do everything in his power to get you justice! Pre and post judgments interest is another million. I would never want anyone to experience loss and pain in their life, but I will say if you ever need an attorney, Please call Ryan & Associates and let them do what they do and get you justice. I’ve had a 7-year relationship with this wonderful group and they made a horribly painful process a lot easier and I trust them! Thank you”
– Bobbie M Bush
FREE CASE REVIEW
Fill Out the Form Below for a Free Case Review with our Undefeated Personal Injury Lawyers