Home > Undefeated Personal Injury Lawyers > Ryan Zehl – Trial Lawyer
Ryan Zehl – Trial Lawyer
Ryan is a Trial Lawyer who’s recovered the largest verdicts and settlements in history for clients who were catastrophically injured, seriously burned, and tragically killed across Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico and the United States.
His record-setting verdicts and settlements have received national media attention, distinguished Ryan as one of the top personal injury lawyers in the country, and qualified him for lifetime membership in both the “Million Dollar Advocates Forum” and the “Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum,” organizations limited to less than 1% of the top trial lawyers in the country.
In recognition of these and his firm’s many other accomplishments, Zehl & Associates was one of only two law firms in the United States to be consecutively selected as the 2020, 2021, and 2022 “Personal Injury Law Firm of the Year” by Law.com and The National Law Journal.
Since founding the firm, Ryan and his team have repeatedly recovered the largest verdicts and settlements in history for their clients, including the:
- #1 Largest Oilfield Accident Settlement in US History
- #1 Largest Oilfield Burn Injury Settlement in US History
- #1 Largest Truck Accident Settlement in Texas
- #1 Largest Accident Verdict in Texas
- #4 Largest Accident Verdict in Texas
- #1 Largest Verdict in Offshore Liftboat’s Corporate History
- #1 Largest Verdict in R&L Trucking Company’s Corporate History
- #1 Largest Settlement in Oakley Trucking’s Corporate History, and
- #1 Largest Accident Verdict in Greyhound Bus Lines’ Corporate History
Ryan has been featured on the cover of Texas Super Lawyers magazine (a Thompson Reuters publication), voted as one of the top 100 personal injury lawyers in Texas by the National Trial Lawyers Association, and selected as a “Texas Super Lawyer” and “Rising Star” every year since 2009.
After graduating in the top 5 percent of his law school class, Ryan worked as a briefing attorney for Justice Scott Brister of the Texas Supreme Court. When his term with the Supreme Court expired, Ryan joined Gardere’s litigation and appellate group, where he quickly distinguished himself as an aggressive trial lawyer in complex commercial and personal injury cases.
Ryan has been interviewed on CNN, Fox & Friends, Good Morning America and news outlets throughout Texas and appeared in almost every major newspaper across the world, including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, the International Herald Tribune, Bloomberg, the Houston Chronicle, and the Dallas Morning News.
- US Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Honors: South Texas Law Review
- Honors: National Champion: Judge Evan A. Evans Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Highest Grades: Evidence, Criminal Procedure & Remedies
- University of Texas, Austin, B.A.
- Major: Psychology
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Trial Lawyers Association
FREE CASE REVIEW
Fill Out the Form Below for a Free Case Review with our Undefeated Personal Injury Lawyers