Houston Back and Neck Injury Lawyers
Undefeated Houston Back and Neck Injury Lawyers
Whether you injured your back or neck in a motor vehicle or truck accident or while on the job, our Undefeated Personal Injury Lawyers will do whatever necessary to make sure that you receive the best medical care and the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and damages.
Having successfully recovered the largest verdicts and settlements in Texas on behalf of clients with serious back and neck injuries, we understand the physical and financial effects that these injuries have on our clients and their families.
In just the past 5 years alone, our Undefeated Personal Injury lawyers have
- Recovered over $1 Billion in settlements and verdicts on behalf of clients across Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico and the United States, and
- Won the largest accident verdicts and settlements in Texas and in our opponent’s corporate histories
Back Injury – Statistics
The human body is a complex system of interacting parts, each playing a critical role in helping you perform everyday tasks that you may ordinarily take for granted.
The spinal cord is one of the most important of those parts, serving as the pathway through which your brain sends signals to the rest of your body.
Unfortunately spinal injuries, like herniated discs, affect over 1 million workers each year and account for over $500 million in medical expenses and lost time each year.
According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, 36.5% of back and neck injuries were caused by motor vehicle accidents, while another 28.5% occurred while on the job.
Common Symptoms of a Herniated Disc
If you or a loved one were involved in an accident and are experiencing any of the following symptoms, it’s important that you seek medical attention immediately, as they are often associated with a herniated disc and nerve root impingement in the spine:
- Neck pain that lasts for longer than 3 weeks
- Back pain that lasts longer than 3 weeks
- Tingling, numbness or weakness in the arms, hands, legs or feet
- Pain or tingling in the buttocks that radiates or shoots down the legs
- Difficulty sitting or standing for long periods of time and numbness or shooting pain down the arms or legs
What are my treatment options?
Fortunately, there are a number of treatment options available for herniated discs in the neck or lower back. These range from conservative measures, like physical therapy, to more invasive options, such as epidural injections, laminectomies, discectomies, and spinal fusion surgeries.
In order to properly diagnose the nature and extent of your injury, an orthopedic or neurosurgeon will use a variety of different diagnostic tests, the most common of which are MRI and CT scans.
Here are some of the treatments you may encounter on your road to recovery:
- Oral steroids and muscle relaxes to reduce inflammation and control muscle spasms
- Narcotic and non-narcotic pain medication to control pain and discomfort
- Physical therapy exercises to strengthen lumbar or cervical muscles and release pressure on the nerve root
- Epidural injections to relieve and reduce inflammation
- If the “conservative” treatment options above are ineffective at eliminating your pain, then your doctor will likely recommend a surgical procedure, such as a laminectomy, discectomy and/or spinal fusion
Types of surgery in the Cervical and Lumbar Spine
- Anterior discectomy and fusion: the disk material is removed through an incision at the front of the neck, and the affected discs are stabilized by fusing them with adjoining discs
- Posterior laminectomy and fusion: the disk material is removed through an incision in the lower back (lumbar spine), and the affected discs are stabilized by fusing them with adjoining discs
- Microdiscectomy: is a surgical procedure used to relieve nerve compression caused when a damaged disc is putting pressure on the adjacent nerve root
Contact our Undefeated Houston Personal Injury Lawyers at 1-888-603-3636 or by Clicking Here
If you or a loved one suffered a back or neck injury as a result of someone else’s carelessness or negligent conduct, our Undefeated Personal Injury Attorneys can help.
All consultations are free, and you won’t pay us a dime unless we win your case.
Call 1-888-603-3636 or send us a confidential email through our Contact Form by clicking here.