The truth is, there is no simple answer for how much your personal injury case is worth.
When it comes to valuing your case, here’s what you need to know:
- Every person is unique, and so is every personal injury case, which is why values depend on the person and the nature of their injuries and losses
- You can’t determine the value of your case using a calculator on a legal website
- Numerous factors contribute to the value of your case, so it’s not something that can be determined over a phone call or during the initial case consultation
- You will recover more money working with an experienced personal injury lawyer than you will trying to handle your case on your own
At Zehl & Associates, we want you to have all the facts, so you can decide what’s best for you and your family. We understand the impact that a catastrophic accident and personal injury has on your life, as well as the fear and apprehension that come along with not knowing where you can turn or who you can trust.
Our job is to take the burden off you and your family and recover the maximum compensation possible for you.
To determine what your personal injury case is worth, contact us for a free consultation with our team of undefeated trial attorneys . We have a track-record of winning the largest verdicts and settlements in history for our clients, and we won’t stop until we’ve done the same for you.
The Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We fight every day for people who were seriously injured by oil and gas companies, trucking companies, petrochemical plants and refineries, and other massive corporations that placed profits over the safety and well-being of our clients.
Some of the cases that we regularly handle include:
- Offshore accidents
- Oilfield accidents
- Maritime accidents
- Chemical plant accidents
- Refinery accidents
And not only have we remained undefeated, but we’ve consistently recovered the largest verdicts and settlements in history for our clients and their families.
How We Determine Your Case’s Value
Because every case is unique, the amount of compensation you can recover depends on a variety of factors unique to your accident and injuries.
Some of these factors include:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- The amount of lost wages and lost future earning capacity
- Past, present, and future medical costs
- Who is at fault for your injuries
- The amount of insurance coverage available to cover your losses
- Your lawyer’s reputation for taking cases to trial and winning
Make sure you keep records of medical bills, police reports, witness statements, and any relevant documents. Collecting and preserving evidence is critical to proving your case. When we are hired, we put together a team of engineers, investigators, and other experts to quickly gather the evidence we need to win your case and get you the full compensation you deserve.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Recover?
There are generally three types of compensation, or “damages,” that you may be entitled to.
Economic damages compensate for specific financial costs associated with the accident. These damages include medical bills, lost income or earning capacity, property loss, future healthcare costs, or burial costs in the event of a wrongful death.
Non-economic damages compensate for the “human” or personal losses. They can’t be added up on a calculator or determined by looking in a book, because they’re based on the effect that the accident has had on you and your life. That’s one of the main reasons it can be so difficult to predict how much a claim is worth. General damages include emotional distress, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and physical impairment and disfigurement.
In cases involving reckless conduct or gross negligence, punitive damages are awarded to punish a defendant. Punitive damages are typically only awarded when there is “clear and convincing” evidence that the defendant acted with malice, wantonness, and a total indifference to the consequences of their actions.
Have more questions about determining the value of your claim? Find answers here:
- What is pain and suffering and how does it affect my case?
- How do I pay my bills when my personal injury lawsuit is pending?
- How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit after an accident?
How our Undefeated Houston Personal Injury Lawyers are Different
After an accident, you don’t just need a trusted legal team — you need an entire support system. And that’s exactly what you get at Zehl & Associates.
We Demand the Maximum Compensation for Our Clients
We take a look at the specific facts of your case, including where the accident happened, the company or person that’s responsible, your job and current wages, courts where your case can be filed, and your medical history and treatment before deciding what to demand in damages in your case.
Once we’ve made that decision and discussed it with you, we devote whatever time and resources are necessary to making sure that the defendant pays it. If they refuse, we take the case to trial, where we remain undefeated.
We Make Sure You Receive the Best Medical Care
We make sure you have the best treating doctors to assist with your recovery, and we’ll devote all our resources throughout the duration of your case to preserve (and maximize) its value every step of the way.
We Don’t Just Win – We Set Records
Our Undefeated personal injury lawyers have the experience, resources, skill and ability to ensure that you and your family are fully compensated for your injuries and damages. We have won Billions for accident and wrongful death victims across Texas and the United States. Our recent record-breaking verdicts and settlement include:
- The #1 Largest oilfield burn accident settlement in U.S. history
- $100 million won for plant explosion victims
- $85.7 million won for an injured refinery worker
- $55 million won for an oilfield burn victim
- $32 million won for a West Texas family injured in a truck accident
Secure Your Future: Contact Our Undefeated Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation at 1-888-603-3636
Were you or a loved one were injured or tragically killed as a result of someone else’s reckless or negligent conduct? Contact us today for a free, no-commitment consultation. Call 1-888-603-3636, use the “chat” button on our homepage, or send us a confidential email through our “Contact Us” form.
All consultations are free, and you won’t pay us a dime unless we win your case.