Experienced & Undefeated Bus Accident Lawyers
In just the past 5 years alone, our Bus Accident Lawyers have recovered more in settlements and verdicts on behalf of bus accident victims than any other law firm in Texas, including:
- the #1 largest reported settlement in 2016
- the #1 largest verdict in Greyhound’s corporate history
- the #1 largest bus accident verdict in Texas
$18.8 Million Verdict against Greyhound Bus Lines
After a three week trial, a Dallas County jury awarded our client and another injured passenger $18.8 Million for injuries they received when the Greyhound bus lost control and rolled over while traveling over 60 mph. The week before trial, Greyhound refused to offer our client more than $150,000 to settle the case.
Our verdict was recognized as:
- the #1 largest verdict ever awarded against Greyhound in the company’s corporate history
- the #1 largest accident verdict awarded in Texas
- the #1 largest verdict awarded in Dallas County
$6 Million Settlement with for Passengers Injured in Fatigue Related Bus Crash
Most recently, our Bus Accident Lawyers successfully negotiated a $6 Million Settlement on behalf of several passengers who were injured when the bus driver—who, only weeks earlier, had been ordered to undergo a sleep study by a Department of Transportation (DOT) doctor who suspected the driver of suffering from chronic fatigue and Obstructive Sleep Apnea—lost control of the bus while traveling on I-75 outside of Cincinnati at approximately 3 am. The bus came to rest in a nearby cornfield after driving through a fence, hitting a tree, and flipping over.
After learning that Greyhound had chosen to ignore the DOT doctor’s recommendation to test the driver, Zehl & Associates became to first law firm in reported history to obtain a court order that required a commercial driver to undergo testing for Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
The study, as suspected, confirmed that the driver had “moderate to severe” Obstructive Sleep Apnea, a condition which disqualified the driver from driving the bus on the night of the collision.
In addition to achieving media attention from CBS and news stations across the country, the settlement has prompted the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to reevaluate the criteria for screening commercial drivers for dangerous medical conditions, like Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
You can view a recent interview about the settlement here.
Committed to Improving Bus Passenger Safety
In addition to ensuring that our clients were fully compensated for their injuries, our victories have prompted a number of important safety changes at Greyhound—and the bus industry as a whole—that have substantially reduced the number of fatigue related crashes and made the roads safer for both bus passengers and other drivers.
When bus companies, like Greyhound, place profit above passenger safety, they are placing passenger lives, as well as the lives of every other driver on the road, at serious risk. Our victories have sent the message that safety is (and should always be) a priority, that bus passengers, like airplane passengers, are entitled to arrive at their destinations safely, and that inexperienced, fatigued and medically unqualified drivers will never be tolerated.
Contact Our Experienced Bus Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation at 1-888-603-3636 or by Clicking Here
If you or a loved one were injured in a bus accident, it’s critical that you talk to an experienced Bus Accident Lawyer as soon after the crash as possible—and before the bus company and their “claims representatives” start “losing” critical evidence that’s needed to prove your case.
Zehl & Associates has the experience and resources needed to ensure that you receive the best medical care available and that you receive the compensation you deserve for all your injuries and damages.
Contact our Experienced Bus Accident Lawyers at 1-888-603-3636 or by clicking here
Bus Accident FAQs:
- What are common causes of bus accidents?
- My loved one was injured or killed in a bus accident, who is responsible?
- I was injured in a bus accident months ago, can I still recover medical expenses?
- How long do I have to file a bus accident claim in Texas?
- Am I entitled to money for pain and suffering after a bus accident?
- Do I have any special protections as a passenger on a bus?
- I was injured while riding as a passenger on a bus, who can I sue?
- Does my lawyer need to be in the same state where the bus accident occurred?
- What kind of recovery is available for victims of bus accidents?