18-Wheeler Crashes Along I-10 in Beaumont, Texas, Tragically Killing Vidor Man
A Vidor, Texas, a man died tragically this week when an 18-wheeler crashed into his vehicle along Interstate 10 in Beaumont.
18-Wheeler Driver Lost Control of Rig at Laurel Street
The October 25th accident occurred at approximately 5:50 a.m. as an 18-wheeler box truck hauling U.S. mail was headed north/eastbound on I-10 at Laurel Street. According to the Beaumont Police Department, the driver lost control of the rig and struck the concrete center divider, dislodging the barrier and knocking into the south/westbound lanes of the interstate.
The 18-wheeler then collided with a south/westbound 2016 Ford Escape driven by a 32-old-man from Vidor.
Driver of Ford Escape Died on Impact
Sadly, the driver of the passenger vehicle was killed on impact.
A GMC Sierra Pickup truck headed south/westbound along I-10 was struck by the center divider, but its driver was not hurt. The 18-wheeler driver was taken to Beaumont hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
I-10 was shut down in both directions for several hours following the crash, with all lanes reopening by 11:00 a.m.
So far, it’s unknown why the truck driver lost control of the 18-wheeler. The investigation is ongoing.
What to Do After an 18-Wheeler Accident
After a severe or fatal crash, you can be certain that the trucking company and its attorneys are already working to downplay your injuries, blame you for the crash, and settle your claim – assuming they even offer you a settlement – for pennies on the dollar.
That’s why it’s so vital that you act quickly to protect your rights and your family’s future:
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you don’t think you’ve been injured.
- Collect as much information as possible while you’re still at the scene: the trucking company’s name, the trucker’s DOT number, license, and insurance information for all vehicles involved, and the names and contact information of all witnesses.
- Use your smartphone to take photos and video of the scene, including all vehicle damage, road conditions, skid marks, lighting, etc.
- DO NOT speculate about fault when speaking with police officers or anyone else at the scene,
- Notify your insurance company of the crash, even if you’re certain you weren’t at fault.
- Under no circumstances should you speak with the trucking company’s insurance adjuster, sign anything, or agree to give a recorded statement.
- Don’t discuss the accident with anyone other than your attorney or spouse. This includes posting about the crash or your injuries on social media.
- If you require follow-up care, be sure to attend all medical appointments and comply with your doctor’s advice. Also, keep a record of co-pays and other out-of-pocket costs related to your treatment.
Most importantly, you must hire a Texas Truck Accident Lawyer with a proven history of success against the largest truck and transportation companies in the country to protect your rights and ensure you and your family receive full compensation for all of your injuries and losses.
Contact Our Undefeated Truck and 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyers for a Free Consult by Calling 1-888-603-3636 or Click Here
Our Undefeated Texas 18-wheeler Accident Lawyers are investigating the deadly crash along I-10 in Beaumont and will post an update if new information is made available.
In addition to being undefeated, Our Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers have won Billions for thousands of accident victims and families across Texas, Louisiana, and throughout the United States, including the Largest Truck Accident Settlement in Texas for 2019.
If you or a loved one were injured or tragically killed in an 18-wheeler crash, please call 1-888-603-3636 or Click Here to send us a confidential email via our “Contact Us” form.
Your consultation is free, and because we only work for a contingency fee, you’ll owe nothing unless we win your case.