Zehl & Associates, PC Texas New & Improved Law Scholarship Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read the following before submitting your application.
Zehl & Associates, PC is offering the Zehl & Associates, PC Texas New & Improved Law Scholarship. It is awarded through a competition sponsored by Zehl & Associates, PC (“Sponsor”) and administered by Gustin Quon for the purpose of granting easier access to education.
These Terms & Conditions explain how the Competition works. Please read the Terms carefully so that you understand all the requirements and conditions for participating.
- Entry Period. The Competition ends May 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Eligibility. The Competition is open to any Texas student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a Texas institution for the upcoming 2018. Employees of Sponsor and Gustin Quon, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Competition. No minimum GPA is required.
- How to Enter.
- Create a short video and upload it to YouTube, then write a supporting essay (details on these below).
- Fill out an application with your name, address, date of birth, educational background (graduation year; high school attended), and student identification number at the Qualifying Institution at which you are enrolled for 2018
- Provide a link to your video
Entries will not be returned.
- Content of Entries.
Video. Create a short video telling us about which law you would like to improve or a new law that you would create. Provide as much detail as possible about your law, including why you want to implement it, what good it would do and how it would change society.
The video can be serious, funny, inspiring – whatever you want! Creativity is encouraged. The video must be 30-120 seconds in length. You don’t need to be a professional videographer. Film it with whatever resources you have!
Title: The Zehl & Associates, PC Texas New & Improved Law Scholarship
_________ [YOUR NAME]
Description: [LINK] [YOUR SUMMARY OF VIDEO CONTENT] This video is an application for Zehl & Associates, PC Texas New & Improved Law Scholarship. This $2,000 scholarship, offered by Zehl & Associates, PC, will be given to one Texas student.
Additional Requirements for Video. The video must be your original work and not previously published. Submissions that, in the sole discretion of Gustin Quon, include any material that is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, disparaging of any racial, ethnic, religious, gender, sexual orientation, or any other minority group, infringing, in violation of any third party rights or any other law, illegible, or late, will be disqualified.
- Selection and Notification of Winner. All qualified submissions will be judged by Gustin Quon and Zehl & Associates, PC without regard to race, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited basis. The applicant whose submission bests meets the following criteria will be selected as the Scholarship Winner:
The Scholarship Winner will be chosen on or about June 13, 2019, and will be notified shortly thereafter by email, using the contact information provided in the application.
- Award. The Scholarship Winner will be awarded a $2,000 scholarship, payable by check directly to the Qualifying Institution identified in the application as the school where the Scholarship Winner will be enrolled in 2019. If the Scholarship Winner decides to attend a Qualifying Institution other than the one so identified, he or she must notify Gustin Quon no later than two weeks after the selection date so that the award may be sent to the correct entity.
Except where prohibited by law, before the award can be sent to the Qualifying Institution, the Scholarship Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Compliance with Official Rules, a Publicity Release, and a Release of Liability. If any potential Scholarship Winner does not meet these requirements within fourteen (14) days of notification, an alternate Scholarship Winner will be named.
- General Conditions. Any applicant suspected of tampering with or disrupting any aspect of the Competition will be disqualified. All decisions of Gustin Quon are final. By your participation, you – and, if you are a minor, your parent or guardian – (i) agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, (ii) represent and warrant that your entry is original and not previously published, (iii) agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and Gustin Quon, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Competition or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Award, and (iv) grant Sponsor a sole, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferable right to use your video and essay, as well as your name, likeness, voice, biographical information, and statements, for advertising and promotional purposes, in any media now known or hereafter invented, without compensation or notification, except as prohibited by law.
- Limitation of Liability. Sponsor and Gustin Quon make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement with respect to the Award. Some jurisdictions may not permit limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check your local laws to determine if any of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Sponsor and Gustin Quon are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or unintelligible entries, including entries not received because of interrupted or unavailable network servers, failed communications networks or equipment, computer hardware or software, or other errors or malfunctions whether human, mechanical, or electronic. Should Sponsor and Gustin Quon, in their sole discretion, determine that the Competition has been compromised by virus, bugs, hackers, or other causes beyond its control, Sponsor and Gustin Quon reserve the right to terminate the competition and choose the Scholarship Winner in a fair and reasonable manner from among all eligible entries submitted prior to termination.
- Governing Law. All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. You agree that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Competition will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to Houston, Texas, and by submitting an application you consent to such jurisdiction and venue.
- Privacy. With the exception of the Winner’s name and Qualifying School, contact information collected by Sponsor and Gustin Quon solely in connection with the Competition will not be shared with third parties.
- All essays become the property of Zehl & Associates upon submission, and may not be used in any way by anyone other than Zehl & Associates except the applicant who may only use the essay for academic, non-commercial purposes. Zehl & Associates will owe no remuneration to any person for the use or publication of any applicant’s essay by Zehl & Associates or any other person or entity, but will not use or publish an applicant’s essay without crediting the applicant.
- Winner’s List. For the name of the Scholarship Winner, write to Gustin Quon at the address below no later than July 30, 2018.
Sponsor and Administrator. The Sponsor of the Competition is Zehl & Associates, PC, 2700 Post Oak Blvd Ste 1120, Houston, TX 77056, (713) 491-6064.The administrator of the Competition is Gustin Quon, 208-1460 Chevrier Blvd, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, (713-999-6724).
Please direct all questions to Gustin Quon at 713-999-6724 or email [email protected].
Please do not use the Live Chat, Case Review Form or call the firm for scholarship related questions as these communication channels are reserved for legal related inquires. If you send a scholarship inquiry through one of these channels, it may not make it to the best resource to help with your question. Questions are welcomed and encouraged by calling 713-999-6724 or by emailing [email protected]. Thank you for your cooperation.