What is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
Unfortunately, there isn’t a simple answer. But once you’ve read this article, you’ll have all the information you need to know to understand how personal injury case values are determined.
As you may have seen, there are legal websites offering personal injury claim calculators. But the best personal injury attorneys will tell you the truth: that every personal injury claim is unique, and the potential dollar amount depends on a variety of factors, including:
- The type and severity of the injuries
- the amount of lost wages and earning capacity
- the amount of past and future medical costs
- the amount of insurance coverage available to cover the accident and your losses, and
- your personal injury lawyer’s reputation for taking cases to trial and winning substantial verdicts and settlements.
If you want to know how much your personal injury claim is potentially worth, your best option is to contact our Texas personal injury lawyers for a free consultation.
We’ll ask you what happened, evaluate your injuries and financial damages (like lost wages and medical expenses), consider where your lawsuit would be filed and the propensity of jurors in that venue to award large damages, and then provide you with the amount of damages that we would expect to recover for you in your case.
Keep in mind, there is a strict statute of limitations on filing personal injury claims, which means you have a specific amount of time to file your lawsuit. If you don’t file within the statute of limitations, you are forever barred from filing your case.
Undefeated Personal Injury Lawyers with the Largest Recoveries in History: 1-888-603-3636
Zehl & Associates is a leading and undefeated national personal injury law firm with headquarters in both Houston and Midland, Texas. Unlike most personal injury law firms, every Zehl & Associates injury attorney is a trial lawyer, who regularly goes to court—and wins—for our clients. Zehl & Associates is also known for securing the largest accident verdicts and settlements in Texas and in defendants’ corporate histories.
How Can I Find Out How Much My Personal Injury Claim is Worth?
Any law firm offering a “personal injury claim calculator” or making specific estimates about the dollar value of your claim isn’t being honest with you. They’re just giving you a number they think you want to hear to convince you to hire their law firm.
The truth, as we said before, is there are no guarantees, and the best injury attorneys will let you know that up front.
At Zehl & Associates, for example, we evaluate all factors, including those listed below, before telling you what we’d expect to recover in your case:
- how you were injured
- the jurisdiction where the case will be filed
- your job and current wages
- past verdicts and settlements in the venue where your case will be filed
- your medical history and the nature of any treatment you’ve received, and
- whether punitive damages could be available to you.
We’ll also make sure to get you to the best treating doctors to assist with your recovery, and we’ll devote whatever time and resources are necessary to maximizing the value of your case every step of the way.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive for a Personal Injury Accident in Texas?
There are generally three types of compensation, or “damages” that injury victims are entitled to:
- Economic Damages (also known as compensatory damages): Economic damages are meant to compensate a victim for specific financial costs associated with the accident.
- These damages can include things like lost income, lost earning capacity, property loss, medical bills, future healthcare costs, or burial costs in the event of a wrongful death.
- General & Non-Economic Damages: Because these types of damages are often related to more abstract damages, there is no simple way to calculate their value in a settlement. That is one of the main reasons it can be so difficult to predict how much a claim is worth.
- General damages include things like emotional distress, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and physical impairment and disfigurement
- Punitive Damages: Finally, punitive damages are awarded to punish a defendant for particularly dangerous or egregious behavior. Punitive damages are typically only awarded when there is clear evidence that the defendant acted with malice, fraud, or a total indifference to the consequences of their actions. For instance, in a car or truck accident caused by a drunk driver, the defendant may be liable for punitive damages for engaging in an activity (i.e., drunk driving) that they know is likely to result in serious injury or death.
I Can’t Afford to Pay a Lawyer. How Much Will it Cost to Pursue a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Texas?
Accident and injury victims have already paid enough, which is why the best personal injury law firms do not charge their clients anything to move forward with their cases.
In addition to a free consultation, Zehl & Associates always works on a contingency fee, meaning we cover all fees and expenses and work on your case without you having to come out of pocket a dime.
You only pay us if and when we win your case.
Contact Our Undefeated Texas Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Consult at 1-888-603-3636 or by Clicking Here
If you or a loved one were injured or tragically killed as a result of someone else’s reckless or negligent conduct, our personal injury lawyers can help.
Having won Billions, including the largest verdicts and settlements in history, for our clients, our personal injury lawyers have the experience, resources, skill and ability to ensure that you and your family are fully compensated for your injuries and damages.
Just give us a call, use the chat option, or complete the confidential case form on our website.
We’ll answer your questions, explain your rights, and make sure you have all the information you need to make the right decision for you and your family.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Fill Out the Form Below for a Free Case Review with our Undefeated Personal Injury Lawyers