Home > Houston Oilfield Accident Lawyers
Houston Oilfield Accident Lawyers
Undefeated Houston Oil Field Injury Lawyers with #1 Largest Wins in History
Our Undefeated Houston Oilfield Accident Lawyers have won Billions for oilfield workers who were seriously injured, catastrophically burned, and tragically killed in connection with the worst oilfield accidents, well blowouts, and drilling rig explosions in recent history, including:
- the #1 Largest Oilfield Accident Settlement in US History
- the #1 Largest Oilfield Burn Injury Settlement in US History
- $62 Million Recovery for Injured Oilfield Worker
- the #1 Largest Accident Verdict in Texas
- the #1 Largest Accident Settlement in Texas
#1 Largest Oilfield Accident Settlement in US History
Having successfully represented more than 1,000 oilfield workers in Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and throughout the United States, our Houston Oilfield Injury Lawyers have the resources, knowledge, and skills to take on the largest oil and gas companies in the world, ensuring our clients have the resources to access the best medical care available and provide for themselves and their families for the rest of their lives.
But you don’t have to take our word for it. To see what our clients say about their experience with our Houston Oilfield Injury Lawyers at Zehl & Associates Injury & Accident Lawyers, just visit our Client Testimonial page or our firm’s YouTube Channel.
Injured in a Texas Oilfield Accident? Contact Our Undefeated Houston Oilfield Injury Lawyers for a Free Consult by Calling 1-888-603-3636 or Click Here
Your company and its claims adjuster may promise to “take care of you,” but the truth is, they’re only focused on one thing: saving money by paying you and your family as little as possible for your injuries and losses.
The only way you’re going to recover what you and your family truly deserve is if you have an experienced oilfield accident attorney fighting for you.
Call 1-888-603-3636, chat with us through our website, or Click Here to send us a confidential email through our “Contact Us” form.
All consultations are free, there’s no commitment involved, and you won’t owe us anything unless we win your case.
Texas Consistently Leads the Nation in Oil and Gas Fatalities
From rushed jobs to the constant presence of volatile hydrocarbons and gases, oilfields are uniquely hazardous worksites.
According to the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), more than 4,000 oil and gas workers are injured and over 100 others are tragically killed on the job every year. As home to the most productive energy regions in the nation, including the Permian Basin, Eagle Ford Shale, Barnett Shale, and Haynesville Shale, Texas consistently leads the United States in oilfield fatalities, accounting for close to half of the industry’s annual death toll.
- Transportation-Related Accidents: According to OSHA, roughly 25% of all oil and gas fatalities result from an oilfield truck accident or other motor vehicle crash.
- Volatile hydrocarbons: static electricity, a diesel engine, or one of the many other constantly present ignition sources is enough to turn a kick into a massive blowout
- Confined Spaces: Oilfield workers often enter storage tanks, mud pits, reserve pits, and other confined spaces. These areas are hazardous when flammable liquids or vapors ignite and when toxic substances are present.
- Hydrogen Sulfide Gas. Long-term, low-level exposure to “sour gas” can result in serious health consequences, including headaches, skin complications, respiratory and mucous membrane irritation, respiratory soft tissue damage and degeneration, confusion, impairment of verbal recall, memory loss, and prolonged reaction time. Exposure to high levels can result in death within minutes.
What You Can Expect from Your Company and its Insurer After an Oilfield Accident
Despite the dangers, far too many oil and gas companies are willing to cut corners for the sake of higher production and profits, even if those shortcuts increase the potential for a deadly accident or explosion.
But when workers are seriously injured or killed, it’s the insurance company that takes over. And their number 1 priority is saving money. They do that by blaming you for the accident, questioning and downplaying your injuries, and offering you pennies on the dollar for your injuries.
If you or a loved one were injured in the oilfield, you can expect the company and its insurers to:
- Pressure you for a recorded statement, which they’ll later use against you.
- Hire private investigators to follow, photograph, and videotape you and your family.
- “Lose” vital evidence proving the company was at fault (or that you were not at fault) for your injuries.
- Blame you by claiming you failed to “stop work” or perform a complete JSA or Hazard Analysis before starting the job.
- Attempt to discredit you by obtaining conflicting statements from co-workers or “experts” hired by the company after the accident
- Minimize the severity of your injuries by sending you to doctors hired and paid by the company, its insurer, or the workers’ compensation provider.
- Use anything you and your family post on social media to claim that you’re exaggerating or lying about your injuries.
That all ends when you hire our Undefeated Houston Oilfield Accident Attorneys, who will devote whatever resources are necessary to ensuring that you and your family receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and losses.
What to Do If You or a Loved One Are Hurt While Working on an Oilfield
After an oilfield accident, it’s essential to take the necessary steps to protect your rights and your family’s future as soon as possible:
- Demand immediate medical treatment with a doctor of your choice – not one chosen by the company and its workers comp carrier
- Do not give a formal statement, sign ANY paperwork, or accept any money from the company (besides your regular paycheck) before speaking with an experienced oilfield injury lawyer
- Don’t discuss the accident or your injuries on social media or with anyone other than your spouse or attorney
Most importantly, contact our Houston Oilfield Injury Lawyers as soon as possible. While you’re recovering and deciding whether or not to hire an attorney, the company and its team of lawyers will be doing everything possible to escape responsibility and avoid paying you and your family the damages you deserve.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits Do Not Cover All of Your Damages and Losses
Texas is the only state in the nation that doesn’t require private employers to purchase workers’ compensation coverage, including oil and gas companies. Even if your employer does carry workers’ comp insurance, your benefits will only pay a small portion of your average weekly wages.
And, unlike in a personal injury lawsuit, workers compensation benefits do not compensate you for your future lost wages, inability to work in the future, your past or future pain or physical impairment, or the many other damages that would otherwise be available to you in a lawsuit.
You May Be Able to File a Lawsuit Against Your Employer While Receiving Workers’ Comp
Although workers’ compensation benefits can limit an employee’s ability to sue their employer, Texas does permit workers to file personal injury lawsuits against other companies and contractors that caused or contributed to the accident.
In fact, a majority of our oilfield cases are against third parties, such as:
- Well Owners and Operators
- Safety companies
- Any other individuals or companies that may have caused or contributed to the accident or your injuries
The family members of workers who were tragically killed on the job can also file a wrongful death lawsuit against their loved one’s employer and other responsible parties to recover damages apart from what’s provided by workers’ compensation, including:
- Loss of past and future household services and assistance
- Loss of society, companionship, and consortium
- Loss of inheritance
- Mental anguish and emotional distress suffered by family members
Finally, Texas allows injured workers or their survivors to recover Exemplary Damages (punitive damages in other states) when an injury or death results from a willful act or omission or gross negligence.
Our Undefeated Houston Oilfield Injury Lawyers Will Hold the Wrongdoers Accountable
Our Undefeated Houston Oilfield Accident Lawyers don’t just win.
We consistently win record-breaking verdicts and settlements, including the #1 Largest Oilfield Accident Settlement in History and #1 Largest Burn Injury Settlement in History, for oil and gas workers in Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and throughout the United States.
Why are we so successful?
- We thoroughly understand the safety regulations governing the oil and gas industry and know how to counter the tactics companies use to try to avoid responsibility
- We refuse to settle a case unless our client and their families receives the maximum compensation possible for their injuries and losses
- If the company refuses to offer a settlement that fully compensates you and your family for all of your injuries and losses, we’ll take your case to trial, where we’ve consistently recovered the largest verdicts in history.
We also understand that your bills don’t stop after an accident, which is why we’re always willing to assist with reasonable living expenses and medical bills for as long as your case is pending. Once your case is resolved, we’ll put together a team of top financial advisors who can help establish a financial plan and set up trust funds that will continue to provide for you and your family for the rest of your lives.
Few law firms can match our ability to hold oilfield companies accountable, our dedication and commitment to our clients, or the record-setting recoveries we consistently win on their behalf.
Injured in an Oilfield Accident?
Contact Our Undefeated Houston Oilfield Accident Lawyers at 1-888-603-3636 or by Clicking Here for a Free Consult.
In the words of many of our past clients, “we’re more than just your lawyers. We’re family.”
If you or a loved one were seriously injured, catastrophically burned, or tragically killed in an oilfield accident or explosion, our Houston Oilfield Accident Lawyers will commit whatever resources necessary to hold the company accountable and ensure that you and your family recover the maximum compensation possible for all your injuries and losses.
All consultations are free, and you won’t pay a dime unless we win your case.
Call 1-888-603-3636, click the “Chat Now” button on our website, or Click Here to send us a confidential email through our Contact Us form.
We’ll answer your questions, explain your rights, and make sure you have the information you need to decide what’s best for you and your family.
Houston Oilfield Accident FAQs
How Long Do Oilfield Workers in Texas Have to File a Lawsuit After an Accident or Explosion?
In Texas, oilfield workers typically have up to two years from the date of the accident or explosion to file a personal injury lawsuit. This legal deadline, known as the statute of limitations, mandates that legal action must be initiated within this timeframe to seek compensation for injuries and damages sustained. However, while you have two years to file suit, you should consult a Houston OIlfield Accident Attorney as soon as possible so that they can secure the evidence that’s helpful to your case before it’s lost or destroyed by the oil company.
What Happens Before You File a Lawsuit?
To build the strongest case possible, an experienced Houston oilfield accident attorney will always conduct a thorough investigation first:.
- Documenting and Gathering Evidence: An attorney will gather all pertinent evidence related to the incident, such as accident reports, eyewitness statements, medical records, and employment documents.
- Identifying Responsible Parties: Determining all parties potentially liable for the accident – from employers to equipment manufacturers – is crucial to direct legal efforts appropriately.
- Consulting Experts: Because oilfield accident cases are so complex, an experienced attorney will consult with engineers and accident reconstruction experts to determine what caused the accident and how it could have been prevented.
How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Case?
The duration of an oilfield accident case in Texas can vary significantly. The complexity of the case and the willingness of the drilling company and its insurance insurer to offer a fair settlement and the court’s docket will greatly impact the timeline. However, rest assured that our Houston Oilfield Accident Lawyers’ goal will do everything possible to resolve your case as possible while ensuring that you receive the maximum recovery available to you.
Can I File a Lawsuit if a Loved One Died While Working on an Oilfield?
Yes, in Texas, if a loved one has died due to an oilfield accident, you may have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. The state’s wrongful death statute permits the deceased’s spouse, children, or parents to seek compensation for their loss. This can cover various damages, including loss of companionship, emotional distress, lost earnings potential, and funeral expenses. Just as with personal injury claims, there is a statute of limitations, typically two years from the date of the death, to file this type of lawsuit. It is essential to consult promptly with a qualified Houston oilfield accident attorney to ensure your rights are fully protected and to navigate the complexities of the legal system effectively.
What are the Chances that My Case Will Go to Trial?
While many civil cases, including oilfield accident claims, are settled outside of court, there is always a chance that your case could go to trial. The likelihood of this depends on several factors, such as the clarity of fault, strength of evidence, and the stance of the insurance company involved. Unlike many other personal injury firms, our Houston oilfield accident lawyers begin preparing every case as if it were going to trial from day one. If the oilfield company and its insurer refuse to negotiate in good faith, we won’t hesitate to go to court, where attorneys have NEVER been defeated.
What Damages Can I Be Awarded in an Oilfield Injury Lawsuit?
In Texas, if you’re successful in an oilfield injury lawsuit, you may be entitled to receive compensation for medical expenses, loss of income and future earning capacity, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and punitive damages if gross negligence is found. Each case is unique, and the specific damages awarded will depend on the circumstances and severity of your injuries. However, hiring an experienced oilfield accident lawyer — one with a consistent record of successfully taking on the largest drilling companies in the world — will significantly increase the odds of receiving the maximum compensation possible for all of your injuries and losses.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Fill Out the Form Below for a Free Case Review with our Undefeated Personal Injury Lawyers