Texas Trial Lawyers
Houston Personal Injury Lawyers and Maritime Attorneys
Zehl & Associates is a personal injury law firm that represents seriously injured clients from across Texas and the United States.
In the past 5 years alone, the firm has recovered over $1 Billion for its clients, received consecutive, punitive damages recoveries—as well as the largest verdicts in corporate history—against two of the largest motor carriers in the country, and received the #1 largest accident verdict in the State of Texas.
Our Trial Lawyers Recovered Over $1 Billion on Behalf of Injured Clients Across the United States
While a majority of our cases are resolved before trial (through settlements), what distinguishes Zehl & Associates is that—unlike at many other personal injury law firms—all of our attorneys are trial lawyers, who regularly take cases to trial when the defendants and their insurance companies refuse to offer a settlement that fully compensates our clients for their injuries and damages.
Just recently, for example, our truck accident lawyers recovered over $4.2 million against R&L Carriers, the largest privately held trucking company in the country, on behalf of a client who sustained back and head injuries after being rear-ended by one of R&L’s drivers. R&L, which only offered $150,000 to settle the case, hired a team of over 10 experts to dispute liability and the plaintiff’s damages at trial. Their experts claimed that the plaintiff wasn’t injured and that she actually cut R&L’s driver off, which—according to them—made the plaintiff solely at fault for the collision. The jury, however, sided with the plaintiff and awarded punitive damages against the company after concluding that it was grossly negligent in hiring, training and supervising an unqualified driver.
Less than two years earlier, Ryan Zehl and Kevin Haynes were awarded over $18 million after a 3 week trial against Greyhound bus company. The verdict was the largest verdict ever awarded in the company’s history, as well as the #1 largest accident verdict in the State of Texas.
In recognition of his unprecedented courtroom victories, Mr. Zehl was featured on the cover of Texas Super Lawyers Magazine, in an article titled “Raising the Bar.”
Our achievements, both in and out of the courtroom, have also distinguished our personal injury lawyers as “The Top Trial Lawyers in America” and qualified both Mr. Zehl and Mr. Haynes for lifetime memberships in both the “Multi-Million Dollar” and “Million Dollar” Advocates Forums.
Our experience in the courtroom, combined with our resources, aggressiveness, and willingness and ability to take cases to trial—and win—has enabled the personal injury lawyers at Zehl & Associates to achieve unparalled results for their clients. The following is a list of just some of our recent accomplishments:
- Recovered over $1 Billion in settlements and verdicts on behalf of clients who were seriously injured offshore accidents, bus and truck accidents, in refinery and workplace explosions, and by dangerous prescription drugs.
- The only law firm in the United States to consecutively recover both (1) punitive damages and (2) the largest verdicts ever awarded against two of the largest transportation companies in the country: R&L Carriers and Greyhound bus company
- Recovered the #1 Largest Accident Verdict in the State of Texas: $18.2 Million
- Reached highly favorable settlements with BP and Transocean on behalf of 5 of the workers who were injured onboard the BP Deepwater Horizon within 18 months of the April 2010 explosion
- Successfully represented over 200 Injured Offshore Workers against the largest maritime and offshore drilling companies in the Country, including Ensco, BP, Transocean, Hercules, Noble, and Nabors
- Obtained highly favorable settlements with GlaxoSmithKline—one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world—on behalf of over 100 children born with congenital heart and other serious birth defects as a result of their mother’s use of Paxil during pregnancy
If you or a Loved one were Injured, our Trial Lawyers can Help.
For a Free, no Committment Consultation, Call 1-888-603-3636 or Click Here