Home > Texas Swimming Pool Drowning Lawyers
Texas Swimming Pool Drowning Lawyers
Undefeated Houston Drowning Lawyers
Drownings are devastating. But they’re also preventable and frequently result from inadequate supervision and failure to provide lifeguards and maintain fencing or controlled access systems that prevent small children from accessing the pool, lake or other body of water.
Our Undefeated Drowning Lawyers have Won the Largest Settlements and Verdicts in History for families across Texas whose loved ones have been seriously injured or tragically killed against the biggest apartment complexes, property management companies, and residential/multi-family developers in the country.
The success we’ve achieved for our clients has distinguished our Drowning Accident Lawyers among the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in the United States and provided us with the resources and experience needed to take on any company and legal team, no matter how large, to ensure that our clients and their families receive the justice and compensation they deserve.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured or tragically killed in a drowning accident, contact our Undefeated Drowning Lawyers at 1-888-603-3636, use the Chat Now button on our website, or Click Here to send us an email through our Contact Form
All consultations are free, and you don’t pay us anything unless we win your case.
Contact our Undefeated Texas Drowning Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation at 1-888-603-3636 or Click Here
What distinguishes our Experienced Drowning Accident Attorneys?
- Our personal injury lawyers have won Billions for our clients and consistently recover the largest verdicts and settlements in history
- We ensure that our clients receive and have access to the best medical care available
- We’re always prepared to go to trial in the event the defendant refuses to fully compensate our clients and their families for all their injuries and losses
- We’re always available for our clients, not only while their cases are pending, but long after they’ve already been resolved
What Our Clients Say About our Undefeated Drowning Accident Lawyers
Our Undefeated Drowning Accident Lawyers are able to consistently win record-setting verdicts and settlements because—unlike at some personal injury law firms—we limit our caseload so that we can devote our full attention and resources to each and everyone of our clients, and we refuse to accept a settlement offer unless it provides our clients the resources they need to provide for themselves and their families for the rest of their lives.
But you don’t have to take our word for it. You can hear it directly from our clients themselves.
Just visit our Client Testimonial Page or our firm’s YouTube Channel to see what current and past clients say about their experience with our law firm and the record-setting results that we’ve achieved on their behalf.
Drowning 5th Leading Cause of Unintentional Death in the United States
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the United States averages more than 3,500 fatal drownings (non-boating related) every year. That amounts to roughly 10 per day, making accidental drowning the fifth leading cause of unintentional death in the nation.
Drownings are also a leading cause of injury death for young children ages 1 to 14.
Even if they manage to survive, the victim of a near-drowning may suffer serious and debilitating injuries with the potential to cause permanent disability or cognitive impairment:
- Hypoxia: The most common drowning-related injury, hypoxia, occurs when the blood can’t carry enough oxygen to meet the body’s needs. Hypoxia can affect the brain, heart, and other tissues, resulting in cardiac arrest, cerebral edema, and permanent neurological damage
- Hypothermia: Exposure to cold water can induce hypothermia, a process that occurs when a victim’s body temperature falls below 35-degrees Celsius. Hypothermia slows the heart rate, constricts the peripheral arteries, and diverts oxygenated blood away from the extremities and the gut to the heart and brain. Without appropriate care, symptoms will progress from shivering and lethargy to confusion, coma, and death
- Skeletal, soft-tissue, head, and internal injuries: These injuries are more common among surfers, water skiers, boaters, flood victims, and occupants of submerged vehicles. Swimmers who dive into shallow water may sustain cervical and other spine injuries that can result in a fatal drowning.
Most Common Causes of Drowning Injuries and Deaths
Drownings can occur anywhere – in swimming pools at hotels, apartment complexes, resorts, and rec centers, and even in backyard pools and bathtubs. The most common causes of drowning-related accidents and swimming pool deaths include:
- Failure to Install and Maintain Fences and other Access Control Devices around the Pool or Body of Water
- Failure to Provide Properly Trained Lifeguards
- Defective or Missing Emergency Life-Saving Equipment
- Inoperable Gates and Access Control Devices
- Failure to Comply with Industry Safety Laws
- Failure to Formulate and Enact a Drowning Prevention Plan
Who is Responsible for Drowning Accidents and Deaths?
When a drowning occurs on private property, the following parties may be at fault:
- Hotel and Resort Owners
- Apartment Complex Owners and Management Companies
- Recreational Centers
- Homeowners and Neighborhood Associations
- Private Premises Owner
The Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act (VGBA) is a federal law that requires pool owners and property operators to maintain safety devices and procedures to prevent drownings and injuries.
Other laws and legal concepts that impact liability in accidental drowning cases include:
- Premises Liability: Property owners and management may be liable if a drowning resulted from their failure to keep the area safe and install fencing and other access control devices
- Attractive Nuisance: A property owner may be found responsible if their swimming area didn’t have fences and other access control devices to prevent children from entering the area
- Willful/Wanton Misconduct: Apartment, hotel and resort management can be held liable for failing to hire lifeguards, install access control, fix or replace broken equipment, etc.
- Negligence Per Se: Those who own or manage a swimming area may be at fault if a drowning resulted from a violation of the “Standard of Care” as determined by administrative regulation or municipal ordinance.
Proving fault in a drowning accident case is challenging because multiple issues of negligence may be at play. For example, if structural problems — defective gates or latches, a malfunctioning pool filter, or other faulty equipment – contributed to the drowning, the manufacturers of those products may also be found to be at fault. At the same time, overcrowded swim areas, distracted lifeguards, and untrained staff may open property owners, management, and other responsible parties up to further liability in drowning cases.
Why You Need to Hire an Experienced Drowning Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered a drowning-related death or injury, there’s no amount of money that will make up for the loss that you’ve experienced. A personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, however, allows you to hold the accountable parties responsible for your loss and ensure that tragedies like this don’t happen again.
Having recovered Billions for drowning victims across Texas and the United States, our Drowning Accident Lawyers have the experience and resources to take on the largest companies and legal teams in the world and not only win, but set records.
Our Undefeated Drowning Lawyers Hold the Responsible Parties Accountable and Set Records for Our Clients
When you hire our Undefeated Drowning Attorneys, our lawyers and team of engineers and safety experts will immediately visit the accident scene and begin collecting the evidence we need to prove exactly who was responsible:
- Photos of the swimming pool or body of water where the accident occurred.
- Photos of safety and pool equipment used at the scene.
- Police reports and information from first responders.
- Work schedules, training records, and performance reviews for any lifeguards on scene at the time.
- Interviews with family members, witnesses, and others in the area where the accident occurred.
- Maintenance records and results of safety inspections, including water clarity readings.
- Information about previous drowning accidents at the site.
- Testimony from aquatic experts and other expert witnesses.
We’ll also consult with our own medical experts as well those who provided care to you or your loved one to determine the extent and severity of the resulting injuries, lost earnings, the doctors and specialists most qualified to treat them, and the cost and frequency of the treatments that will be required in the future.
Once we know what caused your drowning accident, we’ll work with our experts to determine how the incident could and should have been prevented and how to prevent similar incidents from occurring again in the future.
Contact Our Undefeated Texas Drowning Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation at 1-888-603-3636 or by Clicking Here
Our Texas Drowning Accident Lawyers don’t just win for drowning accident victims and their families – we Set Records.
If you or a loved one were injured or tragically killed in a drowning-related accident, call 1-888-603-3636, use the “chat” button on our homepage, or click hereto send us a confidential email through our “Contact Us” form.
All consultations are free, and you won’t pay us a dime unless we win your case.
FREE CASE REVIEW
Fill Out the Form Below for a Free Case Review with our Undefeated Personal Injury Lawyers