Houston Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accident victims—many of whom have suffered severe injuries—need to focus on their recovery. But to avoid being stuck with the medical bills and lost wages that often accompany a trucking accident, it’s critical that you work with a Truck Accident Lawyer who has the experience and resources needed to take on the trucking company and their team of lawyers.
About the Undefeated Truck Accident Lawyers at Zehl & Associates
In addition to being Undefeated, our Truck Accident Lawyers have recovered some of the largest verdicts and settlements in history against the largest trucking companies in the United States.
In addition, because all of our attorneys are trial lawyers, we are always willing and prepared to take your case to court—and win—if a defendant or its insurance company refuses to offer a settlement that fully compensates you for all of your injuries and damages.
You can read more about some of our recent and record-setting recoveries by clicking on the links below:
- $18.8 million verdict, the largest ever against Greyhound Bus Lines
- $5.4 million settlement against a large trucking company whose driver caused a rear-end accident
- $4.2 million verdict against R&L Carriers after one of its drivers negligently rear-ended our client at high speed
- $6 million settlement on behalf of passengers injured during a Greyhound bus acccident
- $1.7 million settlement against a major bus company for a single passenger
When you hire the Truck Accident Lawyers at Zehl & Associates, you can rest assured that we will devote whatever time and resources are necessary to ensuring that you are fully compensated for ALL of your injuries and that you receive the best medical treatment available.
Unlike many other firms, we’re available to you 24/7 for your questions and concerns and to discuss sensitive information (including your financial needs) that is related to your case.
Contact Our Undefeated Houston Truck Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation at 1-888-603-3636 or by Clicking Here.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
A number of factors lead to truck accidents. Reckless and careless behavior is dangerous enough in a passenger car; behind the wheel of a truck, it can lead to catastrophic (and sometimes deadly) events, such as:
- Jackknife accidents, when the truck’s trailer swings outwards, possibly smashing into nearby vehicles
- Rollovers or lost cargo problems, creating dangerous machinery, obstacles, and debris on the road
- Rear-end override accidents where the truck drives over, and crushes, the smaller passenger vehicle
- Underride accidents where a smaller vehicle skids under, or otherwise travels underneath, the tractor-trailer
- Head-on collisions
Why Truck Accidents Cases Are More Complicated than Car Accidents
Not only are truck accidents more likely to cause significant injuries than a typical car accident, they are also more complicated when it comes to gathering evidence, holding corporate defendants and their insurers liable, and ultimately recovering a full range of damages.
Because large trucks and 18-wheelers can be particularly dangerous when not operated cautiously on our roadways, The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires trucking companies to follow strict regulations and guidelines regarding hours of service, drug tests, and maintenance, to name a few. Pursuing a claim against a truck company requires a deep understanding and analysis of federal regulations, inspecting drivers’ logs, and use of common carrier technology including QualComms and Electronic Control Modules.
To add to the complication, it is often the case that the trucking company holds most or all of this evidence related to a crash. This is why truck accident victims, or their friends and families, must act quickly after a crash to ensure the trucking company does not destroy any potential evidence. Thanks to our years of experience in representing clients who have been injured in some of the largest bus and truck crashes all over the country, the lawyers at Zehl & Associates, PC have the knowledge and skill that’s necessary to procure and analyze all of the evidence in your case as quickly as possible—and to prepare your case for the best possible result.
Truck Drivers are Held to a Higher Standard than Other Drivers
Commercial truck and bus drivers are held to a higher standard when they’re behind the wheel. They have a duty to follow strict safety standards to keep others on the roadway safe, but they often ignore these responsibilities and endanger other motorists by:
- Driving carelessly, including violating traffic laws
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Violating safety rules
- Failing to maintain log books as required by law
Under Texas’s vicarious liability law—which is similar to the law in other states—trucking companies are liable for the negligent or reckless behavior of their drivers. Practically speaking, this means that the trucking company is a party to almost every truck accident claim or lawsuit that is filed against its drivers. In addition to being vicariously liable for employees’ behaviors, trucking companies can—and quite frequently—also play a direct role in contributing to these accidents by:
- Failing to screen employees
- Allowing employees to continue driving despite violations
- Requiring drivers to stay on the road longer than FMCSA allows
- Failing to properly maintain their trucks
Damages that are Typically Recovered in Truck Accident Cases
Since truck accident victims often suffer catastrophic injuries that can affect—and commonly jeopardize—a victim’s entire future, our Truck Accident Lawyers work closely with our clients to ensure that they’re receiving the best medical attention possible.
After our evaluation of the short- and long-term effects of your accident, will demand compensation for damages that include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Home health care and home renovations
- Expenses due to limited mobility or other disability
- Past missed work
- Future lost wages
- Other related expenses
- Pain and suffering
Contact Our Undefeated Truck Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation at 1-888-603-3636 or by Clicking Here.
Having never lost a jury trial and successfully represented hundreds of car, truck, and bus accident victims across Texas and the United States, our Truck Accident Lawyers have the resources and experience to hold the largest trucking and transportation companies accountable and ensure that you and your family receive the compensation you deserve.
All consultations are free, and because we work exclusively on a contingency fee, you don’t owe us anything unless we win your case.
- What will it cost me to hire an attorney in a truck accident case?
- What is the difference between a truck accident case and a car wreck case?
- My loved one was killed in a truck accident, am I able to sue?
- If I have been injured in a truck accident can I sue the trucking company?
- I was just injured in a truck accident, what should I do?
- How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a truck accident?
- After an accident with a commercial truck, Do I sue the company or the driver?