Undefeated Houston Truck Accident Lawyers
With billions won and the largest truck and 18 wheeler accident recoveries in history, our Houston truck accident lawyers don’t just win for our clients, we set records.
If you were injured in a truck accident in Houston, TX, hiring the right lawyer can make the difference between a $200,000 and a $5,000,000 recovery and is critical to ensuring that you’re fully compensated for all your injuries and losses.
Our undefeated Houston truck accident lawyers at Zehl & Associates will devote whatever time and resources necessary to hold the trucking company accountable and recover the largest settlement or verdict possible.
Since we started our law firm in 2006, our truck accident lawyers have recovered billions of dollars on behalf of injury victims across Texas and repeatedly set records with the largest truck accident settlements in history.
Table of Contents
- How Can Zehl & Associates Accident & Injury Lawyers Help After a Trucking Accident in Houston?
- How Common Are Trucking Accidents in Texas?
- We Handle All Types of Truck Accident Cases in Houston
- What Factors Impact the Value of My Houston Truck Accident Lawsuit?
- What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Truck Accidents in Houston?
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer in Texas?
- What Is Comparative Negligence and How Will It Impact My Houston Truck Accident Case?
- Our Attorneys in Houston Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
- What Causes Most Truck Accidents in Houston, Texas?
- How Do I Prove Liability After a Trucking Accident in Texas?
- How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Semi-Truck Accident in Texas?
- Contact Our Undefeated Houston Truck Accident Lawyers for a Free Case Review
How Can Zehl & Associates Help After a Trucking Accident in Houston?
Large truck accidents are more complex than your typical motor vehicle accident case. Big trucks cause significant damage. After all, trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and can cause devastating injuries.
Further, commercial trucks are owned by trucking companies, not the truck driver. That means multiple parties will be involved in your case. You’ll also be dealing with a commercial insurance company with seemingly endless resources.
You deserve an experienced Houston personal injury lawyer who has a proven track record of winning the largest 18 wheeler accident recoveries in Texas for accident victims.
We know the tricks trucking and insurance companies use to try to escape responsibility and force accident victims to accept lowball settlement offers. And most importantly, we know how to take on the largest trucking companies in the country and not only win, but set records for our clients and their families.
When you hire our Houston Truck Accident Attorneys, you get a team who will:
- Conduct our own extensive investigation into your crash
- Put together a team of the best accident reconstruction and safety experts in the country to recreate the crash, prove what happened, and show how the crash could and should have been avoided by the truck driver
- Defeat the trucking company’s attempts to downplay your injuries and blame you for the crash
- Provide you with access to the best doctors and medical providers available
- Demand that the trucking company fully compensate you for all your injuries and losses so that you have the financial resources to care and provide for yourself and your family for the rest of your life
If the trucking company refuses to offer a settlement that compensates you for all your damages and injuries, our Houston personal injury attorneys won’t hesitate to take your case to trial, where we’ve consistently recovered the largest verdicts in history for our clients.
Contact us today at 1-888-603-3636 to learn more about how our team can help secure your future.
How Common Are Trucking Accidents in Texas?
Accidents involving semi-trucks, big rigs, and tractor-trailers tend to be extremely serious. After all, trucks are large, heavy, and often filled with dangerous cargo.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 5,149 fatal truck accidents occurred across the United States in 2022. Another 117,000 large truck accidents resulted in at least one injury that year.
In 2023, 19,425 accidents involving large commercial trucks were reported across the State of Texas. Of that total, 10,544 people were injured and another 803 people were tragically killed.
We Handle All Types of Truck Accident Cases in Houston
Having successfully represented over 1,000 truck and 18 wheeler accident victims across Houston and the State of Texas, we’ve handled — and won — every trucking accident case imaginable, including those involving:
- Rollover accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Underride accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Accidents involving multiple vehicles
- Rear-end crashes
- Overloaded truck accidents
- Accidents involving spilled truck cargo
- Sideswipe truck crashes
- Accidents involving wide turns
- Side impact and T-bone accidents
- Blind spot accidents
If you or a loved one were seriously injured, contact our Undefeated Houston Truck Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation at 1-888-603-3636, using the Chat feature, or by sending us an email through our contact form.
What Factors Impact the Value of My Houston Truck Accident Lawsuit?
Some of the most important factors that impact the value of your personal injury case include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The cost of your past and current medical treatment
- Anticipated costs of future medical care and rehabilitation
- The amount of your lost wages
- The pain and trauma you have experienced
- The circumstances of the crash
- Whether you will suffer any long-term disability or ongoing medical issues
- How the injury is expected to impact your future
Hiring an experienced lawyer is the only way to ensure that the trucking company is held accountable and that you are fully compensated for all your injuries and financial losses.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Truck Accidents in Houston?
Depending on the nature of your injuries, you’re entitled to seek compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Lost future earning potential
- Future medical treatment
- Rehabilitation and nursing care
- Property damage and vehicle repair costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
In cases involving gross negligence or extreme disregard for human safety, the courts may also award punitive damages as punishment. Although punitive damages are more difficult to recover because they require your lawyer to satisfy a higher burden of proof (clear and convincing evidence rather than the ordinary preponderance of the evidence standard), our truck accident lawyers have consistently recovered punitive damages in every major truck accident case that we’ve taken to trial.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer in Texas?
Our lawyers in Houston work on a contingency fee basis. When you hire us, you won’t have any upfront costs, and you only pay our attorney’s fees if we recover compensation for you.
What Is Comparative Negligence and How Will It Impact My Houston Truck Accident Case?
Comparative negligence is a system that allocates blame between all parties to a crash.
Under Texas modified comparative negligence rules, your compensation is reduced in proportion to your share of fault. For example, if the jury awards you $5,000,000 and finds that you were 40% at fault for the crash, your recovery will be reduced by 40% to $3,000,000.
Having recovered the largest truck and 18 wheeler accident recoveries in history for truck accident victims, our lawyers will devote whatever time and resources necessary to limit the amount of shared fault assigned to you so that you can recover the maximum compensation possible.
Our Attorneys in Houston Will Recover the Maximum Compensation for Your Injuries
We regularly represent truck accident victims with:
- Broken bones
- Herniated discs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
If you or a loved one are recovering from truck accident injuries, call our law firm in Houston today. We’re prepared to fight for the full compensation you deserve.
What Causes Most Truck Accidents in Houston, Texas?
Truck accidents often happen because of driver error.
In Houston, some of the most common causes of accidents involving commercial vehicles include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving
- Wide turns
- Failing to check blind spots
- Violation of FMCSA hours-of-service rules
- Fatigued driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Failure to properly maintain the truck
- Drug use
- Drunk driving
- Road hazards
Of course, some truck wrecks are caused by mechanical failures and problems with the vehicle itself, including tire blowouts and braking problems.
How Do I Prove Liability After a Trucking Accident in Texas?
First, it’s important to identify all parties who share blame for your crash. Texas is an at-fault state when it comes to car insurance coverage. When you’re involved in an accident, you seek compensation from the parties who caused the crash.
In truck accident cases, those responsible parties might include:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Companies responsible for truck maintenance
- Cargo loading companies
- Manufacturers of defective trucks and truck safety equipment
- Government agencies
Next, you must establish the legal basis for your claim. Most of the time, victims must prove that the other party was negligent.
The elements of negligence are:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
However, various legal theories may be involved in your case.
For example, if the crash happened because the truck driver was negligent, the trucking company may be liable under state vicarious liability laws. If the crash happened due to a defective truck safety feature, the manufacturer may be liable under strict liability laws without proof of negligence.
What Types of Evidence Do I Need To Back Up My Truck Accident Claim?
Truck companies often dispatch teams of investigators and insurance adjusters to the scene of an accident.
Our Houston truck accident attorneys will also send our own team to recover the evidence needed to prove your case, including:
- The truck’s black box recording device, which captures information about the truck’s speed, function, and conditions at the time of the crash
- The driver’s hours-of-service logs
- The truck company’s maintenance and hiring records
- Police reports
- Reports prepared by state or federal investigators
- Eyewitness statements
- Photos or video surveillance footage
- Data from the accident scene itself
In most cases, we also bring in accident reconstruction specialists to the scene of the crash. These experts obtain and evaluate the evidence needed to prove what caused the crash and how it could have been avoided by the truck driver.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Semi-Truck Accident in Texas?
Under Texas law, you have two years to file your lawsuit. The two-year statute of limitations starts running on the date of your accident. If you wait longer than two years to take legal action, you cannot sue the at-fault party for damages.
That said, don’t wait two years to call a lawyer. Trucking companies are notorious for “losing” and discarding critical evidence, like driver logs and the data from the truck’s black box. It’s important that you hire an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon after the accident as possible, so that the evidence is preserved and can be used to prove that the trucking company was at fault for the crash.
Contact Our Undefeated Houston Truck Accident Lawyers for a Free Case Review
As our Houston Truck Accident Lawyers have repeatedly demonstrated, we don’t just win for 18 wheeler accident victims, we set records.
Trucking companies know that our Undefeated Houston Truck Accident Lawyers consistently win the largest truck and 18 wheeler accident settlements and verdicts in history for our clients, and that we won’t hesitate to go to trial if they don’t offer a settlement that fully compensates you for all your injuries and losses.
If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident, contact us for a free consultation at 1-888-603-3636 or by sending us an email through our Contact Form.
All consultations are free, and you won’t pay a dime unless we win your case.
Houston Truck Accident Information Center
- Truck and 18-Wheeler FAQ Video Page
- Why It’s Important to Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer who Takes Cases to Trial
- What will it cost me to hire an attorney in a truck accident case?
- What is the difference between a truck accident case and a car wreck case?
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In Houston, TX
FREE CASE REVIEW
Fill Out the Form Below for a Free Case Review with our Undefeated Personal Injury Lawyers