FAQ’s – Offshore Accidents & The Jones Act
Our Undefeated Maritime & Offshore Injury Lawyers answer common questions about offshore accidents and your rights under the Jones Act and general maritime laws.
If you or a loved one were injured while working offshore, it’s important to talk to an Experienced Maritime Lawyer as soon as possible to ensure that you don’t waive any of your legal rights. Call our Maritime Attorneys for a free consultation at 1-888-603-3636 or by clicking here.
- What is the Jones Act? Am I a Jones Act seaman?
- Should I report my offshore injury?
- Will working with an attorney get me fired in an offshore injury case?
- Why do I need a lawyer after an offshore accident injury?
- What are common types of offshore accidents?
- What are common types of offshore injuries?
- If I talk to a lawyer about my offshore injury, will my company find out?
- What are my rights under the Jones Act?
- Do I have a Jones Act claim if I was injured due to an incompetent supervisor?
- Do I have a Jones Act claim if I was injured due to inadequate or faulty equipment?
- Do I have a Jones Act claim if I was injured on my way to work?
- What are the damages I can recover under the Jones Act?
- What remedies are provided by the Jones Act that are not available by workers’ compensation laws?
- What if I do not qualify under the Jones Act?
- How long do I have to bring a lawsuit under the Jones Act?
- What is my employer’s obligation under the Jones Act?
- Does the Jones Act apply to accidents on an offshore oil rig?
- What is the difference between Jones Act negligence and unseaworthiness?
- What types of damages am I entitled to under an unseaworthiness claim?
- Why does it matter if my accident occurred in federal waters, state waters, or inland bays?
- What is the Death on the High Seas Act (DOHSA)?
- Am I entitled to receive maintenance if I don’t live on the vessel?
- Are jack-up, semi-submersible, and inland barge drilling rigs considered vessels?
- Is my employer required to take injured crew ashore for treatment?
- It has been weeks since my offshore injury and my employer is giving me the run around, what should I do?
- Will I be blacklisted in the oil industry if I file a lawsuit?
- What is The Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act?