After an Accident With a Commercial Truck, Do I Sue the Company or the Driver?
It depends, in almost every case you will be suing the driver because he or she will have done something to cause the crash. Many times you will also sue the trucking company because not only does the trucking company itself have liability for causing the crash, but it has broken some federal or state regulation or other law that applies to it independent from the driver, but it also may have liability simply because the driver was acting as an employee for the trucking company at the time. It depends on the case, but in many cases you will be suing not only the driver, but also the trucking company.
- What will it cost me to hire an attorney in a truck accident case?
- What is the difference between a truck accident case and a car wreck case?
- My loved one was killed in a truck accident, am I able to sue?
- If I have been injured in a truck accident can I sue the trucking company?
- I was just injured in a truck accident, what should I do?
- How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a truck accident?